Dynamic value

Sep 5, 2014 at 8:35 AM
Edited Sep 5, 2014 at 8:36 AM
When using multicheckbox (CRM 2013) we need to pass a fieldvalue as Custom Parameter(data) in the Web resource properties.
Reason is that the checkboxes should be different based on a selected item in a dropdown list.

Is there a way to do this?
Coordinator
Sep 9, 2014 at 12:47 PM
Hi Robin,

No, currently you cannot do this.
Now the only possible way to emulate it is to create several checkbox sets (each for a given predefined condition), put them e.g. on different sections and show/hide the sections when optionset field gets changed. The drawback of this approach is that you can get "redundant" unneeded relations to the items that are not shown on "current checkbox set" shown. You can get rid of this drawback in general, but it will require some additional codding.
We will think about including such a feature in the next version.
Thank you

Pavel
Sep 10, 2014 at 8:15 AM
Hi Pavel,

Thanks for your reply. Your solution crossed my mind, but because we will implement multiple fields it will create to many as yo call it "redundant" unneeded fields.
What we were thinking about is a small twist in your "TuneMultiCheckBox.js".

At line 212 the code gets the checkboxSetName from the dataParams. Can we overrule this part or will it break the complete implementation you created?

Robin
Sep 10, 2014 at 10:45 AM
Edited Sep 10, 2014 at 11:06 AM
Pavel,

Another question: Is there a way to set two checkbox sets to one fakeSavingField / relationshipName (e.g. Account entity)?

Never mind, this question is already answerd. We mistyped something in our fetch XML
Marked as answer by Robin1973 on 9/10/2014 at 4:06 AM
Coordinator
Sep 18, 2014 at 7:40 PM
Hi Robin,

>at line 212 the code gets the checkboxSetName from the dataParams._
I think you can try. Please let me know about result).

Another question: Is there a way to set two checkbox sets to one fakeSavingField / relationshipName (e.g. Account entity)?
No, it will not work correctly
Sep 22, 2014 at 9:09 AM
It looks like a working solution. At this moment we have switch the data to display based on a value in a field.
As long as the checkboxsetname is encapsulated with quotes the result is as expected.